Monday, March 8, 2010

Entrepreneurship- The Clash of Pride and Nervousness

One of my friends in a recent conversation associated the term ‘entrepreneur’ with me. A sense of pride suddenly ran all over my nerves making me feel of being on seventh sky. Before I could handle myself I found blood of nervousness too getting mixed up. Strange, but true, felt sense of Pride and Nervousness at the same time.

First I asked Pride- What made you to come here? She very calmly replied- “I came because I was happy that you took the first step for your dream of being a successful entrepreneur. You always had listened and read about have been entrepreneurs, like Steve Jobs, Sandeep Manudhane etc.. You always wanted to be like one of them, and your first step of ladder seems to be perfect. At least you have begun.

The Launch of Aashiyana Hostels, crossing steps one by one- convincing family members, getting fund, choosing right business partner, finding employees, making a process, filling liveliness in a totally new place etc..All this surely makes me believe that I am a deserving guest in your celebrations.”

Before I could turnover to Nervousness, she herself began claiming Pride is not correct. She said- “I agree the starting has been done, but it’s not about creating an organization, common, any one (She meant ANYONE) can run a hostel, what’s new you are doing?? I would suggest you to order pride to wait outside until the whole concept of Chain of Hostels is evaluated. It needs no genius to make soap; it needs to sell soap. I believe you’ll soon get out of your dream world.”

Pride, with a much louder voice interrupted- “The Future belongs to those who believe in the Beauty of their Dreams.” Just because of upcoming challenges ahead, you can’t disallow me to be a part of this story. Obstacles and challenges are always going to exist, up till whatever extent you grow. It depends on individual to start believing on his idea/dream & feel pride for the same, some may do from very beginning; some may keep waiting for lifetime. I would remind you the saying- “If you believe that your path is right, then you'll be the one writing the end”. So, don’t wait for the right time, instead, make the time right. I would arrive looking on your power of dreams, not on your balance sheets and publicity, cause they’ll follow the former.”

All right, all right. ‘I stumbled upon.’ I guess that you both do have valuable stand. And you both are essential for every individual. You’ll be needed in every one’s life, ranging from- one who is just thinking to be an entrepreneur, to one who has become a successful entrepreneur.

Keep fighting, and keep arguing, after all -“If two people agree all the time, one of them is not thinking. ”

1 comment:

  1. Dear Manish,
    Wonderful insights on entrepreneurship and being an entrepreneur.I must appreciate the way you presented the whole conversation.
    I personally won't take the point that ANYONE can make a soap,it's risk taking ability of an individual which compels him to do so,if the same would have been done by ANYONE ,than the birth of word "entrepreneur" would have not come into the picture.Yes,taking it a long way is a challenge in itself,but Entrepreurship is not anybody's cup of tea.It needs lot of passion,internal motivation,self-confidence,risk taking ability,accepting challenges gracefully,and a lot more.

    Regards
    Neha

    ReplyDelete